FAQ - Frequently asked questions
Learn more about Use-cases.
Also after the free trial period you can test each Add-On in your Sandbox, before purchasing.
More information about the FREE Trial
- Base-packs, Add-Ons, Upgrades: You need at least one base-pack. A base-pack contains a basic setup of flows, export-steps, runs, traffic and records. Add-Ons contain new steps, functions and features for creating flows and automations. Upgrades you need to increase your individual single limits when you have exceeded them.
- Flow: is an executable automated process you create. It contains steps. A flow is comparable to receipe in a cookbook, containing instructions which are executed sequentially.
- Run: is a single execution of a flow. If you run a single flow 1 x per day you need 31 runs per month.
- Traffic: The amount of data you transfer between by running flows (incoming and outgoing) will be counted per month. Each base pack contains a monthly limit of inclusive traffic.
- Datastore-storage: You can store data in Datastores, if you want to store data inside Synesty Studio. The number of records you can store is limited by your base pack. Records are stored in datastores and datastores are basically like databases or tables with rows and columns. The columns can be customized to store any kind of textual or numerical data like product data with 'title', 'description', 'stock', 'price' etc. You can use Flows to save, update and read from datastores. But: the rows you are reading from external sources, processing or exporting are unlimited (Except during the FREE test period).
Export-Step: is a step writing data to another system.
The number of Export-Steps is limited depending on the base-pack. You can also purchase Upgrades to increase this limit. If you
purchase a Flow-upgrade then you get one additional export-step for each flow.
All other steps (Input & Processing) are NOT limited. Export-Steps are marked with the symbol.
Examples: FTPUpload, UpdateProductData, UpdateStock etc. are typical Export-Steps.
Show a list of all billable Export-Steps
About Synesty Studio:
Synesty Studio is a cloud-software you are renting monthly - so calledSoftware-as-a-Service. The cost depend are usage based. Depending on your specific requirements you need a combination of Base-packs, Add-Ons, Runs, Traffic and Records.
Let's say you want to update the stock of 5000 products of your shop system every 4 hours. The data will be provided in a CSV file via FTP. You also want to recognize when there are new products in the CSV file. For that you need to store the records in a datastore.
That means you need 5000 rows of datastore storage, file transfer from FTP and functionality from the shop Add-On. All of this can be accomplished in 1 flow. Running this flow every 4h results in 186 flows per month.
Divide your requirements into single executable and automizable processes - that is what we call Flows. For example, write down all your interacting systems on a sheet of paper and draw an arrow each for every process (e.g. transfer data from A to B). Each arrow could represent a flow.
Think about how often you want to run a flow. Multiply this with the number of days in the month to estimate the required number of runs per month. Remember that you can also skip hours or days to save runs. Alternativly you can trigger flows manually or via URL from an external application.
Data Traffic is hard to estimate. Each file or API is different. Just use the trial period to runs flows and get a feeling the amount of traffic needed. The flow event-log shows the used traffic after each run.
It depends on your specific use case if you need to store data or not. Example: In some use cases when importing data you need to find out whether a record is new records or already exists. In this case it is needed to store data in datastores, so that you can make this distinction.
Each time you use a Step which creates a usable output (e.g. a file, FTP-Upload or a webservice call) this step is considered an Export-Step. In average flows have 2 Export-Steps, but you need to try, as it depends on your requirements.
Yes. You can configure the scheduling so that you can skip specific hours and days.
This can save runs and reduce monthly cost.
Starting at the Starter-pack it is also possible to trigger Flows via URL from external applications. This gives you even more control about when and how often flows are executed.
SEPA-Direct Debit (Single Euro Payments Area)
For customers in the European Union you can grant the Synesty GmbH a SEPA-direct-debit-mandate. You can enter your bank details (IBAN, BIC) in your 'My Account' area. All invoices will then be paid using these bank details. The invoice payment is automatically fetched from your bank account 14 days (at the earliest) after the invoice date. You will be informed with an email-notification when there is a new invoice. The notification also shows an estimated date when the payment will be fetched.
You can also use PayPal which can be setup in your 'My Account' area. The setup process will redirect you to your PayPal account where you login and confirm that Synesty is authorized to fetch the future invoice amounts from your PayPal account. This process is called PayPal Reference Transaction.
Contract term 1 Month:
The regular billing period is one full month. Normally you will receive the invoice at the last day of the month.
If you purchase an add-on not on the first day of the month, then the billing period is 30 days.
The billing period will be automatically adjusted to the full month (from 1. to the last day) within the next month.
This adjustment process simplifies the whole billing process with the goal that we can send you a single invoice per month instead of many small invoices.
Contract term more than 1 Month: For contract terms longer than 1 month the following rules apply: You will receive the invoice at the same day of the purchase for the complette billing-period (pre-paid). (e.g. for a contract term of 12 month your invoice will contain the full amount for one year.)
The invoice amount is due 14 days after invoice date and will be fetched with the configured payment method.
Invoices do not result in a debit to your payment method immediately after creation. An invoice can be open for up to 6 weeks, especially SEPA Direct Debit. This period is explained as follows:
- the accounting department usually initiates the direct debits at the beginning of the following month with a debit for 14 days into the future. .
- i.e. usually around the 20th of the following month your bank account is debited .
- we then usually wait a few days before the payments import again, so that the invoice is marked as PAID .
- That is the 6 weeks we mentioned above .
- Other payment methods such as Paypal or credit card have partially different but similar processes. Paypal, for example, also requires a 14-day lead time before the account is debited. .
Example: If an invoice is created, for example, on the 3rd of the month, then the SEPA direct debit order will be created on the 1st of the following month. And only about 14 days later there will be a debit to your account. That's the 6 weeks after the invoice date.
If something has not worked out after all, we will then contact you with a payment reminder.
As soon as you book the Plus-Base-Pack your existing Starter will be canceled to the end of the billing period (usually end of month). The Starter continues running out until the end of the billing period and is canceled afterwards. It is recommended to switch switch base-packs at the end of the billing period.
Cancel Base-Packs and Add-Ons
You can cancel each base-pack and add-on individually with a single click. The add-on then can still be used until the end of the billing period (usually 30 days or until the end of month). For contract term longer than 1 month (e.g. 12 month) then the billing period ends later (e.g. after 12 month after purchase). After the final invoice for this add-on the add-on is CANCELED. Then, the functionality is not available anymore. If all add-ons are canceled, and all invoices are paid, then no further costs will apply.
If all invoices are paid you can also cancel the whole account.
In this case, all data will be deleted and you cannot login anymore. We recommend to backup everything before.
Note about last payment in case of cancellation:. The bills you receive from Synesty are usually for the past, i.e. are made after the fact - like a phone bill. This sometimes leads to misunderstandings where customers wonder about a late debit. Especially in the case of a cancellation sometimes questions arise, why there is still a debit, although the cancellation has already taken place. If you cancel a package or add-on at Synesty, then first a cancellation is initiated. Until the cancellation is completed, it takes so long until all open invoices are paid. This can sometimes take up to 6 weeks (see question: My invoice has been in open status for several weeks and I still have no debit on my account. Is something wrong? ).
I have issues setting up a flow. I need support.
If you need individual support and consulting we offer various Services
You can also contact one of our certified partners to get a quote.
As a Implementation-Partner you can gain in-depth knowledge about Synesty Studio and can use it in your own projects or customers. To become a Implementation-Partner you need to do an exam or proof projects you have done for clients in order to get partner-certificate. Contact us for more information.